Barter Town

Throw us an offer. We can't refuse.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Welp. what an anticlimax

Hey folks, back from Mexico. Nothin' too troubling down there, actually. Bizarre. Expected to find a whole lot more than I did, but hey, you win some and you lose some. Might as well swap stands while the game's at halftime.

Entering the Dead Zone didn't do much to my connection, which also came as a surprise. I expected all the nuts and bolts on my phone to just shrivel up, rust, and blow away into dust

Long time no see, though, for most of you. Sage (or should I call you Nick now?), I see you're up to your old tricks again. Hope to god they go as well for you as they did for me, partna. You're the go-to-guy when it comes to saving lives and whooping keister these days, and frankly, you deserve some vacation time. We still got some booze to kick back, if you get a chance in that schedule of yours. I owe you my life, and what better way to repay than with a couple of cool glasses of as many drinks as I can possibly afford with my meager paycheck? We'll be rollin' like the Alcoholiks for the whole damn day!

Pretty much, I'mnok, and I hope you and your Sage friends are too. I'll be back in Jersey in a few days, so if you hombres need shelter, protection, or just a good ol' Jersey meal, feel free to contact me.

It seems M managed to survive being on the run for who knows how long. Thank jesus for that. But that's not the point of this post.

To cut to the chase in this teeny word race: I'm done. Done with all of the shenanigans, all of the posturing and the roaming about and the false bravado about being a fighter. It's over. A strange feeling encroached into the hardened depths of my soul during these last few weeks of relative peacefulness, of preparation for an incident that fate simply did not intend on resolving. I could enjoy the birds, nestled away deep in the alpine forests, chirping with the vigor and dedication of a solo woodwind musician. My brain took note of the blossoming plants, colors distributed across the spectrum with the tenacity of an artist toiling away at his masterpiece work, and booming animal activity, deers leaping about with a viscosity reminiscent of the flowing streams that ran parallel to their travels. Dandelions losing their tenuous grip on what constitutes their entire beings, an omnipotent, omniscient gale snapping connections and scattering continuities to the wind with a simple swat of its hand. The forest calls, and I deserve a break from the bad juju going around here. I must hearken to its croon

But again, if you want to visit, I'll be up in Newark, just roaming the streets and doing my duty. Protecting the people, serving the innocent, securing some supply lines - err, I mean, bring the record back, and scratch that last one off there. Straight and narrow to the end, that's what characterizes good ol' Snore here...hehe!

Until next time.

Really takes a while for me to get off of this stupid machine. Got nothing else to do. Just get distracted...

No more of a problem, though. Now, I must truly be off - the subway train rolls into the station even now as I type. An enormous, ivory pillar of a machine, too.

Sayonara, and continued camaraderie,

Snore-De-Bliss

1 comment:

  1. Don't have a lot of time. Just hold on, alright? I'll see you soon enough.

    ReplyDelete